Monday 31 January 2011

Thanks Anyway

Don't you love it when all of your friends and acquaintances are writers or musicians or artists of one kind or another and the only time they ever contact you is to try to sell you their latest product? Oh, hey there - sorry I haven't been in touch for 18 months! What's that? Your aunt died? That's too bad. You know what would cheer you up, though? I've just had a new sequence of poems published and it's a delightful mandarin colour.

There's a launch event if you're not too grief stricken. What's that? Your aunt left you her filofax and her SatNav? Well they would both be ideal for recording the following information and helping you find the venue, respectively:

This Thursday, February 3rd, 7pm at The Priory Rooms, 40 Bull Street, Birmingham, B4 6AF

So I'll see you there, right? What's that? Your new band's EP is laucnhing later that very same night? I'm afraid I'll be mourning your aunt. Thanks anyway, though.